Paper Weaving




Teaching the weaving process has not always been easy for me to teach. Students struggle with the concept of over and under and being able to see the pattern. That all changed for me when I decided to create these large paper looms. Students were given more practice and able to work with their peers for extra guided practice. To make this even better, I turn it into sort of a competition, the group that finishes first and does it correctly may move on to the individual paper looms. They love the intrinsic reward of finishing and moving to the next task.  I hope that this helps you if you struggle like I did with paper weaving. 





Each student gets one strip to weave correctly. Students may verbally assist each other in their own group.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cardboard String art

Chris Riggs Heart Art