James Rizzi Clay Birds

As promised, I have included a video tutorial of my art projects. This project is inspired by James Rizzi's Birds. My fifth grade students have been begging to do more clay and so here's there first clay project of the year. Stay tuned for student art work.


My 









u James Rizzi was born in 1950 in Brooklyn. He studied art in Florida (Gainesville), where he started experimenting with printing, painting and sculpting. Rizzi’s work often shows his birthplace New York. His paintings look sometimes childishly native, with many the bright colors. 








Students at work


Love how this one is turning out! Can't wait to see more!
Supplies needed:
Clay
Rolling Pin or something to make clay flat
4.5 x 4.5 inch template square
toothpicks
Water dish
Clay or non-clay tools


                                             
 Check out my YouTube lessons. Subscribe to my channel for more art lessons @Mrswilliamsartroom.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cardboard String art

Chris Riggs Heart Art

Paper Weaving